This week we were asked to draft an action research plan... I have posted the goal and the activities I will use. I only included the activities here. The resources and other topics are on my formal plan that I turned in with my assignment. If you have any questions about that...let me know.
Goal: Determine if our athletic program has a positive impact on student success
Analyze TAKS data for student athletes in varsity athletic period
Analyze 3,6,9 weeks grade reports for student athletes in varsity athletic period
Tabulate incidences of discipline referrals for student athletes
Track attendance data for student athletes
Administration of survey on role and effectiveness of athletic program in school.
End of year evaluation report used for year to year comparison
Collaborate and share findings with department heads and assistant principals. Input and collaboration to address needs areas
You will have much data to collect and review. Have you thought of an effective way to collect and store the data?
ReplyDeleteBen,
ReplyDeleteHave you thought about also including their class grades? I know that adds more data to what you already have to collect, but I think that their grades could be used to check progress also. I wonder what their grades look like while they are in season versus when they are out of season.
I am a firm believer that athletics does make students more successful. On the flip side of what Rodney asked. I wonder what their attendance looks like during off season compared to being in season. Are their attendance rates higher during season but have lower grades and higher grades during off season but lower attendance rates?
ReplyDelete