Friday, July 23, 2010

Week Two Thoughts...Wonderings...Wanderings

As week one ended and week two began, I have to admit that I was a little intimidated as to what topic or topics I might be interested in doing action research in. I am not sure about everyone else, but many times I tend to over think things. Several very worthy topics came to mind and I really had a hard time trying to decide what might be the best. (hence the wandering portion of my title) I did however get something pretty powerful from this week by watching one of the interviews. (It was Dr. Lewis the sup. from Pasadena) He said that you should do what is practical for you. Bingo...(now I not wandering...I am wondering) I decided that I wanted to focus on things that are practical and interesting to me. I am a coach so the topic of the role of athletics in schools is very important to me. I decided I wanted to select this as my topic. I know over the years I have seen countless examples of the positive impact of athletics. I have never been a part of any type of research to gather real data on this topic. I have however seen that if the academic and athletic departments in a school cooperate...good things happen. I welcome your thoughts!

1 comment:

  1. I too found the comment from Dr. Lewis to be profound. "Do what is practical for you." I am so glad he said that, especially since he is the superintendent for my district!

    ReplyDelete